City or surrounding cities:
North Vancouver, Capilano University.
In-person and/or Virtual:
Number of hours per week:
Half-time teaching responsibilities.
Types of sessions: Individuals or groups or both
Teaching position, classroom cohorts
What Resources and instruments (including guitar) are on site
A wide variety of educational and instrument resources
Proposed Wage for Accredited Music Therapists after contractor fees:
$7,854 per instructional section to a maximum of $12,620 per instructional section based on previous experience.
Scale placement will be completed according to the Collective Agreement.
January 4, 2024
The Bachelor of Music Therapy program has an 16-month half-time position (Regular Limited Term) for a certified music therapist to fill a maternity leave, starting in January 2024. The successful person would be responsible for teaching core music therapy content including practicum, and academic and applied curriculum, so an extensive and varied clinical work history would be an asset. The position would also require interviewing student candidates in May, professional development, and faculty meetings. Given the nature of the practicum courses and the in-person course delivery, the successful candidate would need to live in, or be willing to move to, the Metro Vancouver area.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their C.V. and cover letter. At the close of your cover letter, please include a description of your philosophy on teaching music therapy undergraduate students (200 word maximum).
Please apply on the Capilano Website listing: https://jobs-capilanou.peopleadmin.com/postings/6318
Qualifications and Experience:
- MTA certification – Accreditation with the Canadian Association of Music Therapists, or equivalent international certification (e.g., MT-BC);
- Masters in music therapy or equivalent graduate achievement;
- At least 5 years as a working clinical music therapist with a variety of populations;
- Excellent musicianship;
- Excellent self-awareness and insight; and
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Experience with developing and teaching university courses, preferably music therapy courses;
- Clinical experience with children, adults, and the elderly, including mental health; and
- Experience teaching multiple courses in an engaged university environment.
Stephen Williams, Coordinator
Please apply on the Capilano Website:
Should you have any questions regarding the posting, please contact Stephen Williams.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-capilanou.peopleadmin.com.